Monday, October 29, 2012

Embroidery Pillow

This is my first project in embroidery. It was a cute little kit I picked up from AC Moore I believe. 
This pillow case was very quick to embroider. I think I did most of it during a weekend. I did have some trouble with the thread knotting itself over and over. Actually I had a big problem with that. I think I should have cut the sewing lengths much shorter.
Here's a picture of the backing fabric. I didn't make the pillow as per instructions included in the kit. Mainly, I didn't know what they were talking about and I wanted to do things my own way. I found this fabric at a going out of business sale in Massachusetts somewhere. It's heavy and actually quite nice. I really like the pastel coloring.
The stitches used in this kit were:
  • Satin Stitch
  • Stem Stitch
  • Buttonhole Stitch
  • Lazy Daisy
  • French Knots
  • Straight Stitch
As you can see in the picture, I have a lot to learn still. I've been working on my stem stitch recently. I've noticed that the "ropes" in the stitch go in different directions depending on where I've stitched. I've also noticed that I tend to turn my work this way and that while I am stitching. I think this is a big no no so I'm working to fix that as well. All in all I think my first project turned out well.
Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment