The tutu below is a no-sew no-glue design. It is an extremely simple design and takes only one afternoon to make. You can use this method for any size tutu you want to make. Adjust the amount of materials depending on the size tutu you want to make. More tulle for larger skirts and less tulle for smaller skirts.
- 6-7 yds tulle or 4-7 25 yd rolls 3" tulle in any color combination you wish.
- Roll of 1" wide fabric ribbon. You can choose any color.
- Measuring tape
- If you are using 1 yd lengths of each color, do the following:
- Fold the fabric in half.
- Fold the fabric in half again.
- Cut the fabric into 3" wide strips.
- Next, measure around the waist of whomever or whatever you are making the tutu for. Add 20" to this number. 10" from each end, tie a knot. In between the knots is where you will be tying the tulle.
- Finally, to add the tulle, tie one onto the ribbon by folding each tulle piece in half. Then lay the ribbon on top of the loop end. Pull the ends of the tulle over the ribbon and through the loop. Tug gently then pull the ends toward you. Slide the tulle into place and tug again to tighten the tulle. repeat this step with the rest of the tulle. Make sure you tie all of the knots in the same way.
- You can use any color and pattern combination you like for your very own unique tutu.
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial!