Monday, January 28, 2013

Lullaby Friends



I've been working on this embroidered crib cover from Bucilla titled Lullaby Friends for a while now. I think I have made enough progress to show everyone my work.

Before we get to the stitching, there were some modifications I made to the crib cover.  I've decided that instead of a crib cover this little project will instead be a quilt. The edging of the crib cover will need to be ripped out. I've been in the process of looking for a suitable quilted fabric for the back. I will sew them together with half knots making a little comforter. I know I kept typing quilt but it's really a comforter.



On to the stitching! I've also modified the stitches slightly. Several stitches on the chart call for three strands of thread. I felt this was too bulky so I cut it down to two. Some of the circles call for the split stitch and I've changed those to chain stitch.

I still have a long way to go before I'm finished. There will probably be more modifications as well!

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment