I've always enjoyed watching people paint, looking at paintings and even trying to paint myself. It's a way for me to rest my hands of needlecraft yet still express creativity.
This is the end product of a tutorial by Amy Pearce. Her video is very clear and concise. She doesn't skip steps either like some tutorials do. These are my steps that I took to create this painting. Part I is setting up the canvas.
- 18 x 24" canvas
- gesso brush or old flat brush
- fine grit sandpaper
- Shake gesso really well. This step is important.
- Using your gesso brush, apply a thin layer of gesso to your canvas.
- Let this dry and wash your brush.
- Sand the surface of the canvas lightly. Remove the dust from the canvas by blowing, tapping or brushing it off.
- Repeat the above process two more times. Your canvas is now ready to be painted.