My hair is forever getting in the way no matter what I do. I created this bow headband mainly to keep my hair at bay when I wash my face or wear a mask. This cute headband could in fact be worn whenever you like.
This is very much a beginner crochet pattern. The only techniques you need to know are single crochet, chain and the slip stitch.
- 1/2 ball bulky weight yarn (I used Benat Alpaca in fern)
- Size I 5.5mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- Measure around your head where you want the headband to go. This is the length of your crochet headband. If you crochet loosely, make the length of the band a few inches shorter.
- Chain 7
- Single crochet in second chain from hook then single crochet across. Chain 1 and turn your work. Single crochet across starting from the first single crochet.
- Complete 10 rows of single crochet.
- Attach the two small ends together with slip stitch to make a tube. Turn the tube inside out and set aside.
- Chain 15.
- Single crochet in second chain from hook. Single crochet across chain 1 and turn. Single crochet across starting with the first single crochet and ending with a chain 1 and turn.
- Continue doing single crochet rows until the length reaches you measurement. Measure the headband against your head to make sure it will fit.
- Thread the smaller band onto the larger one.
- As before, slip stitch the two short ends together. Fasten off and weave in the ends. Turn your work inside out and your headband is done.
- Situate the smaller and larger bands together so that they resemble a bow. Pinching and twisting when necessary.